Thursday, 29 January 2015

Music of My January

I feel the last few music posts in 2014 were pretty poor and I wasn't loving that much but January really brought it with new finds and new releases I can't stop listening to (literally I think I am annoying family).

G.R.L - Lighthouse
I thought this decerved the first mention as the first time I listened to it I cried my eyes out. Last year member Simone Battle sadly reportedly committed suicide and in loving memory the girls made Lighthouse. The video is what really got me there are pictures of Simone and videos of the girls together, you can really hear how much passion they put into the song I can't even begin to imagine how hard it is for them.

Hunter Hayes Light Me Up
I do love my country music to people's surprise and Hunter has that mix of country/pop that I love right now. Every song he has released is so addictive to listen to and Light Me Up is the exact same. Plus he is not bad looking.

Betty Who - All of You
Know those artists that are known but not overly known well that's Betty Who for me she isn't really known in the UK as far as I know and it's like a little secret. I'd love it to stay a secret but also she deserves to be known worldwide. Her voice is flipping amazing and All of You is my favourite of the album so I was buzzing when I see it got a music video.

Kelly Clarkson - This Is My Heartbeat Song
I am not usually a fan of songs with the word song in the title but since it's Kelly Clarkson I can make an exception. I think she is one of the best women in music she is classic her songs always have so much meaning while also being poppy and This Is My Heartbeat Song is no exception it just has to be a hit.

Ellie Goulding - Love Me Like You Do
As about everyone knows Fifty Shades of Grey is out soon and this song works perfectly for it. Ellie always does such good songs for movies and LMLYD fits FSOF perfectly. I just can't wait to see where the song will pop up through the film because it better do.

Fall Out Boy - American Beauty/American Psyco
I tried to pick a favourite song of Fall Out Boy's new album but I just couldn't decide they are all just amazing. The past albums FOB have made since returning to music have been exactly what I expected from them. You can really tell by listening to each song now much time they put into writing so props to FOB.

BANKS - Before I Ever Met You
After scrolling through twitter one day I caught Tyler Oakley's tweet about BANKS and I have heard nothing by her before I thought I'd give it a wild listen and it was so the best decision I think I made that day. I became a tiny bit obsessed with it and repeated it one to many that I ended up downloading BANKS full album and it's just as good as Before I Ever Me You.


                                       Get me on Google Friend Connect or bloglovin 
                                                             Thank you for reading
                                                                               

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© rebekahmaryx. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig