Monday, 12 May 2014

The Concealer War | Favourites


It's time for another lot of favourites this time it's my favourite concealers I never really got into concealers till after high school and looking back I really wish I knew about them instead of lagging on more foundation with friends at lunch and properly coming out of the bathrooms looking orange (oh dear) the lightening wasn't great at all in those bathrooms.



I have a run down of my four favourite concealer's one not in the photo above as you can guess as I have ran out of it and also I'm going to add a bit on the best ways and products to cover scars, tattoo's and blemishes as it was requested by someone on my review of the Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation.

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla // £22.00 - This is the current concealer I am using for my every day make-up and I just can't get enough of it. I was a bit resitent to try it since you can get drugstore concealer's that are just as good for a much cheaper prices but I was dying to try it after I saw a load of bloggers raving about it I gave in and bought it from SpaceNK and I'm so glad I did. I use it for under my eyes and on the bridge of my nose and it goes on so smoothly with the applicator I then like using the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush from the Starter Kit for mainly all my concealers it really works well in getting the product looking flawless on the skin. It doesn't feel heavy on the skin and really gives a lovely glow leaving no lines.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in True Ivory // £5.49 - I find this product the best coming into spring and summer as it really gives a fresh look to the skin and the smell like the fondation to match is amazing and really smells perfect for summer. I picked up the wrong colour for my self when I last got this concealer which was gutting but when I have a tan on holiday it will work well so I'm planning on taking it with me that's if I tan. It works well on covering little blemishes and under the eyes to wake them up (get it?) the coverage is perfect and like the NARS creamy concealer it feels light on the skin and only leaves lines after you have had the product on for a long length of time. 

Benefit Boi-ing Concealer in 01 & 02  // £17.50 - This is the concealer I go to when I really need to cover a scar or bad blemish I like to use either my finger or a thin flat brush to apply it with to get the best coverage out of the concealer. it's definitely the highest coverage I own and it's worth it's price if you need a high coverage concealer. I could go on and on about this concealer it's just one of the best leaving no lines and lasts all day so none of the blemishes or scars will show through. Mixing 01 and 02 gives a really nice colour to the skin as 01 is more of a yellow undertone and 02 is more of a pink undertone. 

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair // £4.19 - I have finished this product a while ago but it's still hands down my favourite drugstore concealer for under eyes blemishes and really everything  it's a all in one product and for the price it can do no wrong. 

I got asked as I said above how to cover tattoo's and the best product I know that work is a brand called Veil I have personally never used it but I have seen make-up artist GossMakeUpArtist talk about it here and the product looks like it works fantastic if you really need to cover your tattoo's it seems to be worth the money at about £22.00 

Hope you liked this post
don't forget to find me on bloglovin
x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© rebekahmaryx. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig